Baby James and Baby Katie - 11 days old
1st day of school 2007-2008 school year
Andy's 1st scholastic award - he won student of the month on his 13 day of school.
Can you tell how proud he is?
4th of July Neighborhood Bike Parade 2007
Julia having fun on 4th of July
And for the first time in over 6 years, the house is empty for several hours a day as all 3 kids are in school. Andy started kindergarten and Austin and Julia entered the 2nd grade on July 10th. I'd like to say I've had quiet moments alone spent contemplating how quickly they went from being cradled in my arms to independant little people who spend as many waking hours a day without me as they do with me, but as I said, seasons are changing....I am back in the work-force for the 1st time in 5 years. I'm doing some part-time admin stuff while the kids are in school. So I've been keeping myself busy while they are off learning how to live without me at school. Andy looked like a contradiction his 1st day of school...part grown up boy and part little toddler unsure of what to expect. But the truth was, he was far more prepared to go off to school than I was to let him go. This morning on the way in, I looked at him and said, "Andy, I sure do miss you somedays while you're at school." to which he confidently responded, "I miss you sometimes too Mom, but that's ok, cause everyone should miss someone." Said like a pro.



No comments:
Post a Comment