
Today, my youngest came home from school and wanted an apple to snack on. SHOCK! The boy requests a fruit? Heavens to Betsy! "Would you like some peanut-butter but to go with your apple slices and milk?" I ask with the intention of creating a full-on nutritional Mt Everest experience. "No, but I'd luvvvvv some nutella!" he grinned back.
The Nutella website says that "Nutella is a delicious hazelnut spread that contains quality ingredients such as skim milk and a hint of cocoa. Nutella, spread on whole wheat bread, with orange juice and skim milk is a good combination for a balanced breakfast that the entire family will enjoy." Well, we got the bread and Nutella part down, I get partial credit anyway, right?
So today, I sat back with mommy pride in my heart as all 3 of my children requested sliced apples for an afternoon snack...on there own...and not as a bribe in order to get Cheetos. No, they wanted a fruit...and so I happily obliged them with this chocolatey-yummy-nutty-omg-its-so-good spread stuff to dip them in. Hey, if someone tells me it's nutritious, who am I to deny them their health?
I love you Nutella!
2 comments:
If I had known the love affair you have for Nutella, I would have told you about it years ago! LOL! We've tried it here...but mainly with making crepes. Maybe I should try it with the children....only if they start asking for apples, I'd have to load them in the car to go get some. Maybe that's why they don't ask for them?!? LOL! :)
oh Shauna, watch what you start with the kids! There's no going back! Oh, and it's yummy on bananas too!
Post a Comment